Getting started with ARC
This training session is delivered online via MS Teams, at least twice per term.
Who is it for:
- New ARC users
- You must have viewed the Introduction to ARC Presentation and have an ARC account to get the most out of this training.
- More detailed understanding of HPC and parallel computing, including different kinds of parallelism.
- The ability to connect to ARC and change your password
- Basic understanding of scheduling jobs with the SLURM resource manager
- Submission of a simple job script
- Ability to review and understand the SLURM job queues
- Understanding of ARC SLURM partitions
- The ability to run an interactive session
- An understanding of the credit system
- How to request resources such as memory and GPUs from SLURM
- How to deal with job failures
- Understanding of the ARC software environment
- Basic understanding of software container support on ARC
- The ability to move data to and from ARC storage
You may download the slides for this training course from here: