Effective use of HPC clusters
This training session is delivered online via MS Teams, once per term.
Who is it for:
- Users with a basic understanding of the ARC environment who would like to gain more insight into how to make their cluster jobs more efficient.
- Users that have code they would like to compile and use on ARC.
- You must have viewed the Introduction to ARC presentation, have an ARC account and a good understanding of ARC to get the most out of this training. Ideally, you will also have completed the Getting started with ARC training session.
- Why we use HPC and the use of multi-core processors.
- The models of parallelism.
- More advanced use of batch scripting
- An understanding of Job Arrays
- Types of parallelism (OpenMP/MPI)
- Building software on ARC
- Efficient use of storage/memory
- Measuring application performance
You may download the slides for this training course from here: